The following simple suggestions will help prolong the life of your TOP CHEF® Cutlery:
- Like all well-made kitchen cutlery, hand washing is recommended.
- Dry immediately after washing.
- Do not use a metal scouring pad on the knives, knife handles, or block.
- Store the knife in the knife block or a drawer tray.
- Keep your blade edge sharp with the sharpening rod provided with the block sets.
A special word about dishwashers:
We recommend that you do not put your knives in the dishwasher.
Why high-quality knives do not belong in the dishwasher:
- Knives and cutlery are put in a basket. During the washing cycle, the blades can rub against one another or against other objects and this can damage them.
- With their sharp blades, the knives can damage the plastic coating on the cutlery basket. This can lead to the formation of rust.
- If the dishwasher is not switched on straight away, food remains like spices, sauces, and juices can damage the blades. Spots can form and the blades can even be damaged from corrosion.
- It is important to use the correct amount of detergent and rinse aid. If you do not use the correct amounts, rust particles or localised corrosion can quickly appear.